Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Painted Dishes DIY

A few weeks ago I ran across some gorgeous illustrated juice glasses from Anthropoligie. My fiance, Tim, is always leaving a cup next to the bathroom sink so he can grab a quick glass of water whenever he is feeling parched. I tend to absentmindedly pick it up and take it into the kitchen which leaves him "cupless". I decided to get myself a new craft toy and play around with some bare dishes and ceramic/ glass paint pens.

Here are the first of my designs ----

the nom nom plates






the narwhale "glug glug"glass


The process was super easy (much easier than taking a good photo of a glass...oh how I wish I was a decent photographer, sigh). I simply doodled, waited 24 hours then baked them in the oven according to the directions. So far they have been through the dishwasher once and are looking great!

Now I am going to go get a glass of water because this has made me thirsty. 

Glug,
*Bonnybee

No comments:

Post a Comment